McDo on the Go!

I hate it when I craved for something that I couldn’t possibly find here. Usually, I crave for grilled fresh fish, green leafy vegetables, and all those simple but absolutely yummy foods that are often served on our table back home in Philippines. It is too painful to think about the yumminess because there is no way for me to have them anytime. Such a punishment at all! LOL.

Last week, I am just glad that one of the instant cravings of my taste buds was a simple McDonald’s burger and the favorite Mocha Frappe. So as I did my grocery shopping, stopping by McDonald’s was effortless.

The husband hates to line in by the Drive-thru section but he couldn’t do anything about it when he’s the one on the wheels. Lol.

My order? As requested by my taste buds: a medium-sized Mocha Frappe.

Photobucket

…and the huge Crispy Chicken Burger:

Photobucket

It’s actually not that huge for a typical American eater, but it is for me because I can’t consume the whole thing. The husband has to eat the other half every time and because he isn’t into chicken, he would end up just devouring the bread which is really tasty and delish. While the kiddo? So content with the fries which I especially requested (I always do!) to be unsalted. 🙂

We don’t eat out often as we can’t live on those dishes that aren’t Pinoy (read: meals without rice), and because McDo is one of them, Mcdo for us is always a place for “to-go” or take-out orders. 🙂

And Triz goes, “Mang, why do you have to take a picture of every food that we eat?” Tough luck, I know. She does’t realize that it’s for my food meme entries like:

😉

comments (12)
  • written by Mirage September 25, 2011 2:50 am

The kids and I are McCafe fans!

• written by raya September 25, 2011 3:43 am

hahaha! i love your daughter’s question… the family knows about my memes and they would even remind me before we eat! it’s like next to the prayer. LOL> Whoaa! that burger is huge, cel! i am drooling right now!!
    thanks for the YS visit.. returning some love!

• written by emzkie September 25, 2011 7:46 pm

hehe, nalingaw ko ug basa sa imong post Cel. ganahan pud ko anang Mocha Frappe. mao ra pud akong gina order ug kanang Pineapple Mango smoothies. makapalit lang ko ana pag gutumon akong mga anak. kay ako man silang palitan ug Happy Meal, chicken Nuggets. paborito kaau. katong entry diay nako.. naa man to sa Pinas pud. ganahan kaau ko ug Milk Tea ba kay malimpyo akong tiyan. hehehe.. u know what i mean. lol

• written by teJan September 26, 2011 2:05 pm

wow..grabe naman makes me hungry:) kalami ba ani cel woi! hehe. visiting from YS.

• written by Pinx September 27, 2011 1:59 am

wow! huge jud sya cel… moangay akong bana ana kay chicken burger…ako, kanang imong gigunitan na mocha frappe!!! galaway ko! salamat sa visit cel! let me know ha if moanhi mo diri sa bohol.. hehehe…

• written by Ernhez September 27, 2011 5:48 am

it looks BIG. yummy! i miss McDo.

• written by Gene September 30, 2011 2:52 pm

That chicken burger is wicked! So huge and with lots of lettuce and tomato. Is that a McDo branch here in the Philippines? I don’t remember the chicken burger to be that big. Yum!

Late visit via Yummy Sunday. Here’s mine: Carbonara Vegeroni

• written by cheerful October 1, 2011 12:21 pm

glad that you got what you craved for…and that’s huge, ako din hindi ko din iyan mauubos for sure! katuwa ang question ng anak mo, ako naman alam na nila na i need to take picture for my blog, hehehe, kaso minsan mas mabilis pa din sila sa akin lalo na kapag gutom na! visiting late from YS, have a great weekend. 🙂

• written by Perfectly Blended October 1, 2011 6:12 pm

I like the mocha frappe!

• written by gagay October 2, 2011 1:44 am

haha! pagkanalang ni Triz..mao pod nay naask sa ko ni mylab..nanu daw sige ko take images..pero kadtong nagblog napod siya, siya na ang nagaingun naku na “oh, picturi ni”..kuk

• written by gagay October 2, 2011 1:48 am

by the way te, thanks for visiting my YS..

here’s my entry last week,, and this is for this week..hope you can drop by!

have a Blessed Sunday!

• written by Eric Graham Review October 3, 2011 1:21 am

That’s really huge. Even me couldn’t eat it all!